Junior Reserve Of The Corps Platoon Sergeant
ED PARSONS, CPA
CERTIFIED PUBLIC ACCOUNTANT
MASSACHUSES LICENCE # 26,369
ELABORACIÓN DE DECLARACIONES DELA RENTA
I am a Certied Public Accountant with Big 4 Tax and Fortune 50 Financial Reporting experience, and experience developing, nurturing and subseuently selling a client list of 500. My corporate leadership experience includes Controller and Tax Senior roles, in a career strongly inuenced by my time at Valley Forge Military Academy.
Strong soware skills include advanced Excel, SQL reporting and all major nancial reporting and tax soware such as Intuit or CCH products (uickbooks, Axcess ). I can leverage on these skills to improve existing processes, such as when I reduced average collection time for aHarvard University business unit from over 90 to under 30 days.
I would be happy to help with any tax or nancial reporting matter. Please send me a message.
Bachelor of Science in Business Administration
- Led the accounting & Internal control functions for a $20 Million, 200 room hospitality operation for Harvard University.
- Managed payroll for over 150 employees
- Audit Contact with public accountants to assist in their independent audit and tax obligations.
- Managed a team of 4 to complete all accounting functions.
Reduced average A/R collection period for a Harvard University business unit from 90 days to under 30, by implementing an automated collections system built with SQL Queries and B.I Crystal Reports.
Quickbooks Certified Pro- Advisor
CPA Contract/ Per Diem Positions
Provided tax and accounting services to small businesses on a part time basis while working my full time job. My Client Portfolio included individuals, Venture Capital backed MIT Startups and non profit organizations in the General Boston Area
- Interim controller role for day to day accounting cycle management as well as assistance with accounting policies and procedures
- QuickBooks implementations, Catch up / Clean Up Bookkeeping Projects
- Assistance with year-end audits. Reconciliations and workpaper preparation.
- Advanced reporting using SQL, Crystal Reports or Excel workpapers reporting on external data.
Senior Financial Analyst
- Monthly Consolidated financial reports for top level management with applied analysis.
- Monitor financial statements compliance with US GAAP while factoring in upcoming IFRS adjustments.
- Part of the Senior Management Financial reporting team responsible for delivering daily reporting support.
Senior Accountant – Internal Reporting
- Work directly with public accounting firm as part of the to audit contact team; manage the Audit Process and aid in ad hoc reporting
- Reported using Business Intelligence, Crystal Reports, & Hyperion Essbase
Master of Science in Accounting
2008 - 2013
Co-founded, developed, and led a team that focused on tax and accounting services for Americans living abroad.
Established a scalable proprietary online platform that allowed compliance with recordkeeping requirements for a paperless office, interact with the client securely and safeguard sensitive data.
The code for the platform continues to evolve and is currently deployed Software as a Service for Boutique CPA firms.
- Oversaw a team of Certified Public Accountants on day to day running
- Enrolled agents and 4 support staff to prepare returns for over 400 Clients per year
- Represented delinquent filers before the IRS to help resolve their collection status and become compliant through payment plans, determination of non-collectible status or statute limitations.
- Prepared Tax returns under the Offshore Voluntary Disclosure Initiative
Massachusetts Board of Public Accountancy, #26,369
All Sections Passed on First and only Attempt.
2013 - Current
- International Tax Return Preparation - multi-year tax return submissions for delinquent returns, including those with international forms (2555, 1116, 5471, 8621, 8938, FBAR).
- Consult directly or via Legal counsel with taxpayers on their tax delinquency
- Represent Taxpayers before the IRS
- Small Business Tax and Accounting management; Payroll Reporting, Sales Tax, Monthly Closes, PPP, EIDL
Senior Accountant - International Tax
2019 Tax Season DNI Calculations for the 65 Day Election for Foreign Trusts
Review and sign tax returns working with associates to deliver multi-state, high net worth individual tax returns in a high paced setting.