VALLEY FORGE MILITARY ACADEMY
Junior Reserve Of The Corps Platoon Sergeant
UNIVERSIDAD DE LA SABANA
Bachelor of Science, Business Administration
- Led the accounting & Internal control functions for a $20 Million, 200 room hospitality operation for Harvard University.
- Managed payroll for over 150 employees
- Audit Contact with public accountants to assist in their independent audit and tax obligations.
- Managed a team of 4 to complete all accounting functions.
Reduced average A/R collection period for a Harvard University business unit from 90 days to under 30, by implementing an automated collections system built with SQL Queries and B.I Crystal Reports.
SMALL BUSINESS ACCOUNTANT
Provided tax and accounting services to small businesses on a part time basis while working my full time job. My Client Portfolio included individuals, Venture Capital backed MIT Startups and non profit organizations in the General Boston Area
- Interim controller role for day to day accounting cycle management as well as assistance with accounting policies and procedures
- QuickBooks implementations, Catch up / Clean Up Bookkeeping Projects
- Assistance with year-end audits. Reconciliations and workpaper preparation.
- Advanced reporting using SQL or Excel workpapers reporting on external data.
Senior Financial Analyst
- Monthly Consolidated financial reports for top level management with applied analysis.
- Monitor financial statements compliance with US GAAP while factoring in upcoming IFRS adjustments.
- Part of the Senior Management Financial reporting team responsible for delivering daily reporting support.
Senior Accountant – Internal Reporting
- Work directly with public accounting firm as part of the audit contact team; manage the Audit Process and aid in ad hoc reporting
- Reported using Business Intelligence, Crystal Reports, & Hyperion Essbase
Master of Science in Accounting
2008 - 2013
TAX PLANNER CPA
Co-founded, developed, and led a team that focused on tax and accounting services for Americans living abroad.
Established a scalable proprietary online platform that allowed compliance with recordkeeping requirements for a paperless office, interact with the client securely and safeguard sensitive data.
The code for the platform continues to evolve and is currently deployed Software as a Service for Boutique CPA firms.
- Oversaw a team of Certified Public Accountants, Enrolled agents and 4 support staff to prepare over 1,000 returns per year
- Represented delinquent filers before the IRS to help resolve their collection status and become compliant through payment plans, determination of non-collectible status or statute limitations.
- Prepared Tax returns under the Offshore Voluntary Disclosure Initiative
CERTIFIED PUBLIC ACCOUNTANT
Massachusetts Board of Public Accountancy, #26,369
All Sections Passed on First and only Attempt, while servicing and growing my client list.
FAR – 89
BEC – 89
BERKOWITZ POLLACK BRANT
Senior Accountant – International Tax 2019 Tax Season
- DNI Calculations for the 65 Day Election for Foreign Trusts
- Delinquent FBARs for high net worth families.
- Controlled Foreign Corporations
Review and sign tax returns working with associates to deliver multi-state, high net worth individual tax returns in a high paced setting.
First Self Sufficient Meal
Following years of hard work, the place I hope to make self sufficient one day gave its first entire, organic meal from its harvest.
2013 - Current
Ed Parsons, CPA
International Tax Return Preparation – multi-year tax return submissions for delinquent returns, including those with international forms (2555, 1116, 5471, 8621, 8938, FBAR).
- OVDP, OVDI, Streamlined program Submissions since the first program came out.
- Consult directly or via Legal counsel with taxpayers on their tax delinquency
- Represent Taxpayers before the IRS
- Small Business Tax and Accounting management; Payroll Reporting, Sales Tax, Monthly Closes, PPP, EIDL